5-Week Fitness Challenge @ Home Workout #1A
During The AMA 5-Week Adult Fitness Challenge you will be battling your toughest opponent – yourself. Do not let doubts, excuses and bad habits prevent you from starting and succeeding on this challenge. Wherever you are right now with your fitness and nutrition is where you must begin. Over the next 5 weeks you are going take steps towards improving your fitness and nutrition. With focused effort and self-discipline you will succeed. Let’s begin!
Complete the following @ home bodyweight workout on either Monday or Tuesday (whichever day you are not participating in Muay Thai Kickboxing @ AMA).
@ Home Bodyweight Workout #1A
- Beginning Bodyweight: _____
*Optional! Step on a scale. Record your bodyweight & the time of day.
- Please get a notebook and use it to record your workouts over the next 5 weeks. Include the date, time, workout description, your results and any personal notes (easy/difficult, areas to focus on, victories, etc.).
We have 5 core bodyweight exercises we focus on as part of our Black Belt Conditioning at AMA. For your first (#1A) fitness challenge you need to complete 25 good quality reps of each exercise. It is okay to stop and rest during the round, but you must complete all 25 reps before moving to the next round.
- Rest for 30 or 60 seconds between each round.
- Record the time (in minutes and seconds) that it takes you to complete each round and the amount of rest between rounds.
- Round 1 = 25 Push Ups
- Maintain a straight body & go all the way down (chest & hips touch floor) & all the way up, every time!
- Round 2 = 25 Sit Ups
- Knees bent, Feet flat on ground, Touch elbows to knees at top
- *Arms can be any style: crossed, behind head, arms extended overhead, spear… just make sure you complete the full range of motion and do not pull on your neck!
- Round 3 = 25 Jumping Jacks
- Closed = Feet together hands clap thighs, Open = Feet straddle hands clap overhead
- Round 4 = 25 Squats
- Place feet slightly wider than shoulders, toe out slightly, lower so thighs are parallel to floor then stand all the way up
- Round 5 = 25 Tuck Jumps
- Bring knees up to chest (no heels to bottom!)