Alpha Martial Arts Ballard offers limited onsite classes beginning February 8, 2021.
WE ARE EXCITED TO RETURN TO THE DOJO!
Dear Alpha Martial Arts Students and Families! The time is finally here. We are resuming small, socially distanced, in-person, group classes beginning February 8th! Thank you kindly for your continued patience and support. It means the world to our team!
We understand that everyone’s circumstances and comfort levels vary. We will continue to run zoom classes long-term and there is no obligation to return to onsite classes. For your safety, we have increased the cleaning regimen in the dojo, and added high tech tools like industrial air filtration and purification, as well as aerosol antibacterial cleaning. If you are interested in returning to the dojo please review the following guidelines (however, understand circumstances are subject to change based on local/national regulations):
- Classes will be limited to 12 students maximum. In some classes, reservations are required. To see if your class requires reservations, view the schedule here.
- Each student will have their own 6 foot by 6 foot square with a 2 foot border and their own Wavemaster to use during class.
- Students must remain in their squares during class.
- Our doors and windows will be open for increased air flow, and our air purification and filtration system will be running.
- No spectators will be allowed. Parents/guardians are asked to wait outside or in their vehicle.
- All students and parents must sign a COVID Release Waiver before participating in onsite classes.
- Masks are required at all times (entry, exit and must be worn during class).
- If your class requires reservations, Reserve your onsite class day/time here or download our Spark Member app (Apple or Android platforms). You may reserve lessons up to three days before a class.
- Students will enter via the South entrance (next to the front desk) and exit via the North entrance (by the corner of 77th).
- Students should line up 6 feet apart on the sidewalk no more than 5 minutes before their class start time.
- A Staff Member will indicate when it’s safe to enter and students will enter 1 at at time.
- Upon arrival, all members will answer health questions and have their temperature checked before being allowed to enter.
- Hands must be sanitized upon entry at the hand sanitizer stations inside.
- Arrive and leave in your uniform; footwear will be placed in designated spots at the edge of the mat. Please choose footwear that is easy to put on & take off (slip-ons, flip-flops).
- Onsite Karate classes will be 25 minutes for Dragons and 40 – 45 minutes for Juniors and Adults with a slowly building schedule.
- Mats, Wavemasters and common areas will be disinfected with a CDC approved disinfectant prior to and between all classes. Air is cleaned and purified by an industrial air purifier.
- Restrooms are for emergency use only.
- After class, children will be escorted/assisted directly back to parents on the sidewalk. Please be on-time for student pick up.
- If you FEEL SICK in any way, STAY HOME (and participate virtually).
Thank you to all of our current, new and alumni students & families for your continued support during this challenge. We appreciate you!
Mr. Busch & The AMA Team