HB 2334 in Danger of Death in Senate Again
After spending the day in Olympia in support of HB 2334, I received news 2 hours ago that our bill is in danger of Death in the Senate Again 🙁 We need another email campaign tomorrow (March 1st) to these Senators. Apparently there is fierce resistance to ‘tax exemptions’ at this time.
Please take a few minutes tonight and tomorrow morning to send emails to the following 8 Senators on the Ways & Means Committee:
- Sen. Jim Honeyford, Vice Chair (R) Email (email@example.com)
- Sen. Barbara Bailey (R) Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 10th Serving Island Skagit Snohomish County
- Sen. Randi Becker (R) Email (email@example.com) – 2nd Serving Thurston and East Pierce County Including Eatonville, Yelm, Orting, Graham, Roy, Rainier
- Sen. Sharon Brown (R) Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 8th Serving Benton County Kennewick Richland West Richland
- Sen. Mike Hewitt (R) Email (email@example.com) – 16th Serving Walla Walla Columbia Benton Franklin
- Sen. Steve O’Ban (R) Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 28th Serving Pierce County
- Sen. Mike Padden (R) Email (email@example.com) – 4th Serving Colbert Greenbluff Liberty Lake Millwood Spokane Valley
- Sen. Linda Evans Parlette (R) Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 12th Serving Chelan Douglas Grant Okanogan
Please copy and paste the email below *add your first and last name to the bottom* and send ASAP! Feel free to edit.
Thank you in advance!
Email Subject Line: Please Support HB 2334 – Fair Treatment / Not a Tax Break
I am a member of the WA State Martial Arts Community and am writing with an urgent request: Please support HB 2334 concerning the taxation of martial arts.
We are NOT asking for a “tax break”. We are fighting for fair treatment for our businesses and on behalf of our students. We have always paid taxes through Washington B & O as a Service. We were swept into the definition of an Athletic or Fitness Facility in 2015, without our knowledge and without representation, where everything is subject to tax as a RETAIL SALE up to 9.6% as of January 1, 2016. We want to be restored to taxation like other inherently instructional businesses such as dance or yoga studios and treated the same as other professional educators like golf, ski, riding, scuba and swim instructors.
HB 2334 passed the House of Representatives 96-0. We respectfully request that you support HB2334 with a “yes” vote. Thank you for your consideration and support.