How to Tie Handwraps – Hand Wrapping Videos
Hand Wrapping Basics Video:
The video above (by Tim Rosanelli) and the illustration below (*Not the exact same sequence as video!) demonstrate a basic way to wrap your hands. To wrap your hands:
- Place the loop around your thumb and start wrapping around the back of the wrist.
- Wrap around the wrist 2 to 3 times.
- Next, wrap around the thumb to protect the thumb joint then once again around the wrist.
- Go up to the knuckles along the back of the hand.
- Wrap around the knuckles 2 to 3 times.
- Finish by making an X on the back of the hand as you go back down to the wrist.
- Now, go between each finger starting with the pinky and work back towards the index finger.
- Repeat the X on the back of the hand and wrap the knuckles 1 or 2 more times.
- Finish by wrapping around the wrist and securing.
Master Tran Basic Muay Thai Handwrapping Level 1 Video
Master Tran Intermediate/Advanced Muay Thai Handwrapping Level 2 Video