Guidelines, Covid Protocols & Health/Hygiene Reminders
Alpha Martial Arts is offering onsite classes under the “Washington Ready” guidelines announced by Governor Inslee on 06/30/21, but we understand that everyone’s circumstances and comfort levels vary. In July 2020 we installed ionizing devices in our HVAC system primarily because they provide a 99.4% reduction rate on a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) surface strain within 30 minutes. The technology is called Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) and there are other benefits as well, including, better air quality indoors.
We will continue to run zoom classes and there is no obligation to return to onsite classes. If you are interested in returning to the dojo please review the following guidelines (however, understand circumstances are subject to change based on local/national regulations).
ONSITE CLASS GUIDELINES:
- Students will be assigned a specific and consistent class day/time. Email us if you would like to attend onsite classes — Absolutely NO drop ins!
- All students and parents of minors must sign a COVID Release Waiver before participating in onsite classes. Downloadable Covid-Waiver-AMA-August-2020 (pdf).
- All onsite students and spectators ages 12 & up are required to provide Proof of Covid Vaccination. Unvaccinated adult students should continue to participate online.
- Cloth masks are required for all students & spectators to enter the dojo regardless of vaccination status and must be worn during all Karate classes.
- Spectators are allowed with proof of vaccination and masks are required at all times. Parents/guardians may also wait outside or in their vehicle to reduce the number of people onsite.
- Students may enter the dojo no more than 5-10 minutes before their class start time.
- Hands must be sanitized upon entry.
- Arrive and leave in your uniform; footwear will be placed in cubbies near the mat. Please choose footwear that is easy on / easy off.
- Mats, wavemasters, heavy bags and common areas are disinfected with a CDC approved disinfectant frequently throught the day.
- Restrooms are for emergency use only.
- Students will be asked to collect their belongings and exit promptly when their class ends. Parents/guardians may pick up students inside the dojo or on the sidewalk outside the dojo.
- If you FEEL SICK in any way, STAY HOME (and participate virtually).
- 100% of our staff, for all programs, is fully vaccinated.
- Students and spectators are required to have a negative Covid-19 test or isolate for 10 days before returning to onsite classes after a possible Covid exposure. If you have any Covid-19 symptoms during the 10 days get tested.
- If a student or spectator has symptoms of Covid-19, they should isolate, get tested and follow the guidelines below before returning to onsite classes.
- A person who has confirmed or laboratory probable Covid-19 should isolate and not return to onsite classes until the following criteria are met:
- 10 days since symptom onset or positive test specimen collection date if no symptoms are present AND 24 hours after fever resolves without use of fever-reducing medications, AND Symptoms have improved.
- This isolation guidance applies regardless of vaccination status.
GENERAL HEALTH & HYGIENE REMINDERS:
- Stay home if you or anyone in your care are ill.
- If we have managed to learn anything at all during this pandemic, let it be that YOU SHOULD STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK. There was virtually no flu last year, because we weren’t sharing germs with each other.
- If you feel like you’re coming down with something, stay home until you feel better. Please do not return to class until 24 hours after the last symptom.
- Some signs/symptoms to look for: Fever, Chronic Cough, Chronic Nasal Discharge, Sore Throat, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Rash, Pink Eye.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds throughout the day! Keeping hands clean is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others.
- Keep your uniform/training clothes & gear clean.
- This means washing and drying uniforms, shirts, shorts, etc. after each class!
- Help us keep AMA clean!
- Wear shoes when not on the mats. Do not walk from your car into the school barefoot – Ever. Keep/put your shoes on when in the lobby, hallways and restrooms. This will help prevent dirt from being transferred onto the mats.
- Please alert us if you find any areas you feel are in need of disinfecting.
Thank you to all of our current, new and alumni students & families for your continued support during this challenge. We appreciate you!
Mr. Ness & The AMA Team