Onsite Class Guidelines, Covid Protocols & Health/Hygiene Reminders
In alignment with recent updates from the Department of Health, the State Superintendent and Seattle Public Schools, masks are optional at AMA as of March 14, 2022.
We know that everyone’s comfort level is different and that masks being optional at AMA will be a relief for some and be source of anxiety for others. Our staff is fully vaccinated and we will continue to require Covid-19 vaccinations for all students and spectators entering AMA. Students who would like to continue to wear masks for onsite classes are encouraged to do so and will be fully supported by our team.
We are committed to keeping AMA a safe, comfortable place for all our kids and families, while following the CDC, State and local guidance. In July 2020 we installed ionizing devices in our HVAC system primarily because they provide a 99.4% reduction rate on a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) surface strain within 30 minutes. The technology is called Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NPBI) and there are other benefits as well, including, better air quality indoors.
*Please note the mask mandate is being lifted because King County has been categorized as a “low community level” area. If Covid-19 rates increase, masks may again become required.
ONSITE CLASS GUIDELINES:
- Students will be assigned a specific and consistent class day/time. Email us if you would like to attend onsite classes — Absolutely NO drop ins!
- All adult students and parents of minors must sign an updated Student Release which includes a Covid Waiver before participating in onsite classes.
- Covid-19 Vaccinatinations are required for all onsite students and spectators ages 5 & up.
- Spectators and students waiting for their class will be asked to remain outside the dojo until their class begins.
- Hands must be sanitized upon entry.
- Arrive and leave in your uniform; footwear will be placed in cubbies near the mat. Please choose footwear that is easy on / easy off.
- Mats, wavemasters, heavy bags and common areas are disinfected with a CDC approved disinfectant frequently throughout the day.
- Students will be asked to collect their belongings and exit promptly when their class ends. Parents/guardians may pick up students inside the dojo or on the sidewalk outside the dojo.
- If you FEEL SICK in any way, STAY HOME.
- 100% of our staff, for all programs, is fully vaccinated.
- If a student or spectator has symptoms of Covid-19, they should isolate, get tested and follow the guidelines below before returning to onsite classes.
- A person who has confirmed or laboratory probable Covid-19 should isolate and not return to onsite classes until the following criteria are met:
- 5 days since symptom onset or positive test specimen collection date if no symptoms are present AND 24 hours after fever resolves without use of fever-reducing medications, AND Symptoms have improved.
- This isolation guidance applies regardless of vaccination status.
GENERAL HEALTH & HYGIENE REMINDERS:
- Stay home if you or anyone in your care are ill.
- If we have managed to learn anything at all during this pandemic, let it be that YOU SHOULD STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK. There was virtually no flu last year, because we weren’t sharing germs with each other.
- If you feel like you’re coming down with something, stay home until you feel better. Please do not return to class until 24 hours after the last symptom.
- Some signs/symptoms to look for: Fever, Chronic Cough, Chronic Nasal Discharge, Sore Throat, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Rash, Pink Eye.
- Please use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds throughout the day! Keeping hands clean is one of the most important steps we can take to avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others.
- Keep your uniform/training clothes & gear clean.
- This means washing and drying uniforms, shirts, shorts, etc. after each class!
- Help us keep AMA clean!
- Wear shoes when not on the mats. Do not walk from your car into the school barefoot – Ever. Keep/put your shoes on when in the lobby, hallways and restrooms. This will help prevent dirt from being transferred onto the mats.
- Please alert us if you find any areas you feel are in need of disinfecting.
Thank you to all of our current, new and alumni students & families for your continued support. We appreciate you!
Mr. Herrman & The AMA Team