Monday Miyagi 102609
This week’s Monday Miyagi comes to us courtesy of Sensei Jason Gould. Enjoy!
As a martial arts and self-defense instructor dedicated to improving the lives of others and helping to keep people safe, I feel a strong obligation to pass along some basic, common-sense information that will help people during flu season. Preventing the Spread of Flu is Self-Defense!
Simple Measures That YOU Can Take To Help Prevent the Spread of Colds and Flu:
- Wash your hands often with warm water and soap. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available, and carry a small vial of sanitizer with you.
- Get a flu shot for seasonal flu and H1N1, if possible.
- If you’re feeling sick, see a doctor.
- Remember to cover your coughs and sneezes. (And throw away those used tissues!)
- Stay home if you’re sick with a fever: don’t go to work and don’t come to class.
- Avoid people who are sick, especially those with flu-like symptoms.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth. This is the easiest way of spreading germs.
- Do your part to keep common surfaces (doorknobs, telephones, training equipment, etc.) clean and sanitized.