Alpha Martial Arts Ballard once again offers onsite classes
WE ARE EXCITED TO RETURN TO THE DOJO!
In Person Attendance Guidelines
Last updated 6-16-2022
The time is finally here: regular classes have resumed, and visitors are once again welcome indoors! Thank you kindly for your continued patience and support. It means the world to our team!
100% of our instructors are fully vaccinated and boosted. Our instructors also take COVID tests once per week, or more often if feeling symptoms.
We understand that everyone’s circumstances and comfort levels vary. We support all students and spectators who wish to wear masks. We have some adult-sized masks behind the counter. For your safety, we have increased the cleaning regimen in the dojo, and added high tech tools like industrial air filtration and purification, as well as aerosol antibacterial cleaning.
Please review the following guidelines (however, understand circumstances are subject to change based on local/national regulations):
- Classes will be limited to 21 students maximum.
- Each student will have their own 6 square foot area.
- Students must remain in their areas during class unless advised by an instructor.
- Our windows will be open for increased air flow, and our air purification and filtration system will be running.
- Inside Spectators are welcome during class. Parents/guardians are asked to wait outside where they can view through the windows, or they may drop off and pick up.
- All students and parents must sign a COVID Release Waiver before participating in onsite classes.
- Following Seattle Public Schools guidance, masks are optional.
- Students will enter via the South entrance (next to the front desk) and exit via the North entrance (by the corner of 77th).
- A Staff Member will indicate when it’s safe to enter.
- Arrive and leave in your uniform; footwear will be placed in designated spots at the edge of the mat. Please choose footwear that is easy to put on & take off (slip-ons, flip-flops).
- Onsite Karate classes will be 25 minutes for Dragons and 40 minutes for Juniors and Adults.
- Air is cleaned and purified by an industrial air purifier. Mats, Wavemasters, Pads and common areas will be cleaned regularly.
- Restrooms are for emergency use only. We are unable to fully sanitize restrooms between classes. So please, “go before you go.”
- After class, children will be released back to parents on the sidewalk. Please be on-time for student pick up.
- If you FEEL SICK in any way, STAY HOME. Please follow King County Health guidelines:
- students who have tested positive for COVID must quarantine a minimum of 5 days and test negative before returning to class
- students who were in close contact with someone who has COVID must quarantine a minimum of 5 days and test negative before returning to class
Thank you to all of our current, new and alumni students & families for your continued support during this challenge. We appreciate you!
Mr. Busch & The AMA Team